At every grade level and in every subject area, students will be given the opportunity to be exposed, to practice, and to be given feedback on their demonstration of our General Learning Outcomes.
Critical Thinking Skills
- Think analytically, strategically, critically, creatively, independently and collaboratively. Question themselves, others and ideas, objectively and reflectively.
- Problem solve through acquisition, integration and successful application of content / learning.
- Apply knowledge to real life situations.
- Take responsible risks and approach problems with creativity and perseverance.
- Efficiently allocate their time and energy towards prioritized tasks.
- Use appropriate technologies, resources and strategies to gain access to relevant information.
- Logically organize information using appropriate strategies and tools.
- Create finished products showing a high degree of content understanding, neatness, quality and precision.
- Communicate effectively as listeners, speakers, readers and writers through auditory, visual, physical or digital means to a range of audiences for a range for purposes.
- Display appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication skills.
- Demonstrate compassion, honesty and integrity in dealing with others.
- Show tolerance, understanding, empathy and respect for other people and cultures within the school and larger community.
- Make appropriate choices to maintain physical and emotional health.
- Show responsibility, adaptability, perseverance and initiative.
- Work effectively in group situations.